Tuesday, May 19, 2009
In these past two weeks, these kittens have changed literally by leaps and bounds. No longer showing fear, they manage to put themselves in some interesting and new situations. Running around the room and pouncing on one another, Mister and I are slowly realizing they won't be with us much longer.


As I was sitting in the living room this morning, I watched Kitty scale the baby gate with Socks in mouth. After moving back into the bedroom, I came to the realize that Kitty is relying on Mister and I as a babysitting/nanny service! She was moving her kitttens to be closer to us, when we were in the room. As I was editing this post, Monkey was at the side of the bed crying to come up; once up on the bed, he climbed up onto my chest and curled up and snuggled a long time.


Since the kittens have started to climb anything that's worth climbing, I jokingly said to Mister, "You know, one day we are going to hear a PLOP and find one of these kittens in the trash can!" (You know where this is going...) Sunday night, as Mister and I were drifting off to sleep I heard this rustling noise. At first it sounded like one of the kittens or Kitty possibly having an accident on the carpet. That would be bad! But that wasn't it, we just couldn't put a finger on what the rustling sound was. When mister turned on the light, we found that little Savannah had climbed up sheet that was blocking off some wires, up the side of the pillow that was blocking behind the TV stand, and up onto the edge of the trash can! Needless to say, that trash can is somewhere out of reach!



Its also nice to know the collapsible bed we bought at the "beginning" of Kitty's pregnancy is finally being used! Now all the kittens sleep in there, which is nice because I don't have to watch where I step! Savannah likes to jump into one end and out the other, but when I try to catch it on video, she stops!










Mr. Monkey is by far the most mature of all his siblings; I caught him trying to eat Kitty's kibbles. I took some from her bowl and soaked them to make them easier to eat, with great success! Today, after class, I caught the little bugger snooping around Kitty's litter box. The video is impossible to edit (sorry!) He's also started to try climbing the baby fence we have up to keep them out of the rest of the house. Mister is also having fun using a laser pointer to drive Socks crazy!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

sleepdeprivedtechie@yahoo.com
Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

Welcome to Missy's Corner

Keep coming back to see updates about Monkey, Savannah, and Kitty! Leave comments if you feel so inclined!

Art Work